Monday, October 31, 2005

Please Remember Me At Halloween

Please remember me, at Halloween
Making fools of all the neighbors
Our faces painted white, by midnight
We'd forgotten one another
And when the morning came i was ashamed
Only now it seems so silly
That season left the world and then returned
And now you're lit up by the city...

I find that to be very fitting for the time of the year, the first thing that comes to my mind is all the hidden animosity everyone has toward one another. Whats the point? I ask you all what is the purpose. I am sitting here interpritting this verse in my own way. Having flashbacks of summer and just all the times we were all smiling, laughing, not caring about anything. We were making fools of all the neighbors who went to bed while we stayed awake with company. Then everyone goes off to continue their lives and for some reason the distance is getting the best of everyone. Their way of coping with it is to put up a front, and try to act as if they never were that close of friends. I see faces painted white, trying to forget one another. Then the morning comes, and someone is ashamed of words they have said or actions that they've taken. Its silly to act like you will never see one another again, too busy dreading they are away instead of anticipating the time they return. Then the tail end makes me reflect and await the summer. That season left the world and then returned. I can only hope we'll all be lit up by the city when the time comes.

I've only updated twice this month, really once because my charcoal drawing doesn't really count for anything. Thats a shame. When it wriggles down to it though I just haven't had anything important to write about. Everyone who reads this knows that I've been using my xanga for a number of unknowing reasons. I think I'm gonna start coming back to the blog, it was my first love child of internet inscriptions I can't just disown my baby. Besides, looking back on it there is too much here to pass up and just let it come to a screeching halt. I'm gonna go for at least a bi daily post from now on. No matter how retardedly gank and irrelivant they may be. I promise you, there will be gankness and irrelivantity. Thats not a word and I don't care. I have some shite I can talk about for a couple of paragraphs or so, we'll see what I can squeeze out of this rusty, overused memory of mine.

Before I start telling storied though, there's two points of erm...life (I guess) that I have to touch up on. 1st Point: I got a new job at Circuit City. Customer service action. Its nice to have found a job that requires a little hustle and some challenge. Its kind of an either/or kind of position. Either I end up standing around all day doing nothing or I get slapped with multitasking, sweat breaking, ball busting tasks of mind blowing proportions. I like it. Now I can finally do something with my time instead of drive around all day and be stuck with my thoughts. Hours are gonna fluctuate like a bitch by the time the holiday season arrives though. I'm looking forward to it, it'll give some friends alone time. Seeing as I'm always around anyway, I only have so much charm. So I'm told. Point B: I have been accepted to the Illinois Institute of Art to study game graphics and design. This is pretty funkin' delicious if you ask me. I mean getting out of Granger, experience living alone (in Chicago none the less), doing something that I love. Picture perfect...wait theres a smudge *wipe* *wipe* alright now its picture perfect. Theres one catch though, I would basically have to tell SMC to blow me and kiss all of that goodbye. Its not like I'm hesitating for shits and giggles, I have to really sit down and think about it. Thats that in the world of life changing events. Now onto the weekend and reminiscent ruminations.

Fridizzle: Didn't do jack diddly shit during the day. I took a nap around 7 and woke up to my cell phone vibrating on my face. I peer over at the caller ID to see 'Scott' looking me in the face with a faint orange illumination. I don't answer my phone. I sit up, look around, lay back down and drown in thought. I let the lungs of my brain fill until they exploded. I got out of bed, grabbed my pants and went out the door. 5 minutes later I find myself on the toll road heading south for West Lafayette. Without thinking, knowing full well that I would be there for the enitre duration of the weekend. I had enough money to get me gas for the trip home. There were a spoonful of things I knew for certain as soon as I turned onto 80/90. In the next days I will not sleep, I will not bathe, I will be there for the duration of the weekend in the same clothes, I will have no money. Thinking about all of this, I just laughed at myself and said "This is so fucking stupid". I'm glad I went though, it created new stories and characters in the chapter book of my mind. The only thing that bothered me was not having a co pilot. It sucks to drive 2 hours by yourself. I can only carry a conversation with myself for so long before I get tired of listening to me speak. I would've asked Chelsea if she wanted to go but she had previous engagements. She may be going down next week anyway, she was also giving me the vibe that she doesn't want me to go with her. So I was going to respect the vibe and let her go by herself, or with whomever she decides to go with. Nothing interesting on the interstate. I made my arrival at Purdue around 11ish. Drove to McCutcheon and called Scott. I knew he wasn't there, but I could use it as a point of reference. I call him and get his voicemail. I call Ian. He lets me know that himself, Scott, Grant, and Tracey are at her apartment partying. He hands the phone over to Tracey so she can give me directions on how to get to her place. I just nod my head the whole time and say ok to any direction she gives me. I hang up I have no damn clue where I'm going. All I remembered was something about a bridge and go towards Lafayette. So I drive towards Lafayette until I get to a bridge. Sweet. I keep driving across the bridge looking for 10th street. *time passes with scenery* An hour later I call Tracey and just say uhhhhhhhh...where the blue bloody fuck am I? Apparently I ended up in a totally different county at one point. My bad. She tells me to head a direction on Old 231. I go that direction and follow it, she tells me I'm going the right way the entire time. About 15-20 minutes later, I'm going 60 mph, talking on my cell phone, raccoon runs out in the middle of the road. He had no chance, even if I swerved. PWN3D!!! Poor bastard. Then I look up and... O_O You see that face, that is me shitting my pants and slamming on the brakes. The God forsaken road just ends. Without warning just fuckin' stops dead in its tracks. My life flashed before my eyes, literally. I didn't know if I was going to slam into a wall, a river, or careen off of a never ending cliff...since there are so many of those in Indiana. >_> <_<>_>. By the grace of God it was just a bunch of tall grass and dirt, wasn't the first time my cars been off roading Dukes of Hazzard style. I turn around and head the opposite, correct direction. I eventually end up at her place. She greets me at the door and I can make out a silhouette on the roof of a grizzly looking man and a cigarette. He takes a drag and simply says "About time fatass." I follow Tracey upstairs and greet Ian with a hug, handshake, and a pat on the crotch. Go team. He introduced me to Grant, he came off as a real quit guy to me, but he lightened up as the night ensued. I do a shot of Jägermeister grab a Corona and head out on the roof with Scott. I was retarded and didn't grab a bottle opener so we head back in the kitchen and I take a sip. Scott looks at me and tells me not to drink it yet. I look at him with a hint of confusion all though I knew exactly why he restrained me from drinking. He asked me if I was up for another 2 hour drive. I smirked at him and said I'm ready whenever he is. I warned him that I had no money and I only brought gas money. We discussed amongst ourselves and came to the conclusion that we will party, stay the night, and head out in the morning. We did just that. We each had 2 shots of Everclear and went to join the others. It didn't take us long to catch up with everyone. I had 2 Coronas, a Smirnoff, 2 shots of Everclear, 6 shots of Jäger, and finished Grant's Diet Coke and Everclear mix. Didn't take me long to catch up. Then Tracey ordered some pizza and cheesy bread for us. Scott and I made our way back out on the roof to have some discussions. Good talk. Made our way back inside listened to Coast to Coast and waited for the day to break. I got up about 2 hours later to see Ian and Tracey wake up and go to breakfast. They come back an hour or so later. Tracey wakes us up and tells us we have to go sleep else where. I take Scott back to his dorm and I go with Ian and Grant back to Wiley. I was welcomed to crash on Ian's couch, he spared no time. He got in his bed and he passed out. I couldn't go back to sleep, I just got on his laptop and dicked about until Scott IMed me about 45 minutes later. I slowly left Ian's dorm and went to go pick him up. We started our adventure towards Bloomington.

X-TREME TRANSITION!!!!

Saturschnitzel: The drive down there was golden. We laughed the entire 2 hours. It was one of the better road trips I have taken. I don't even remember half of the things we said. All I remember is he was in the middle of an important statement when he just looked out my window and yelled TITS!! I look over, out of curiousity of course, and just see two miniature corn silos that have an uncanny resembalence to a pair of breasts. It was hilarious. About an hour or so into the trip we get stuck in the hills by a massive traffic jam. Apparently the bridge we needed to take had a massive accident on it. We weren't going to give up though. We sat there for about a half hour or so and waited for the line to dwindle. I turned the car off and left it in neutral so we could let the downhill declination do all the work and save myself some gas. We waste all that tome to find out that the road is closed and we have to turn around anyway. We eventually found another, less convenient, way to get back on the road. We get to Bloomington and call Dan to ask what street his dorm is off of. We get there park it and get out. I was locking things up and Scott wasted no time walking away. The way they have it set up is very hotel like. There is a little 'isle' if you will where there is a cement wall and a flagpole. Across from it is Forest Hall, separated by a pull thru drop off deal. From a distance I see him talking to someone with a guitar, hat, and long hair. From that distance I thought it was Dan. As I got closer I realized that Dan straightened his hair, lost weight, and shrunk. Thats not my Dan. It was Dan's roomate Tom. Now I always pictured Tom as looking like an offspring of Dan and Scott for some reason. Hell no. He's my height, I'd say no more than 140 pounds, pretty petite for a guy. He is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. We shoot the shit and Dan comes out. We shoot the shit some more. We are eventually joined by Danny, Caitlin, Liz, and some other guy. All very cool people, Dan has associated himself with some good ones. Caitlin leaves, Liz and Danny go for a walk, and the four of us go to Mother Bears. Laughed, randomness, I acted like a retard with a straw. I found out that I love to make people laugh. Its better knowing that I don't even have to try, I was being myself and Tom laughed his ass off. Love it. I hit the waiter with the straw when he came to the table to give us the bill and pick it up. He threatened be beat me with a handful of them. It was awesome. We left there and went back to the dorm to do what we always do, talk and listen to Dan play new songs. Details are kinda blurry to me as to what happened from there. Tom left to go do something. The 3 of us went to dinner in the evening with Danny and Liz. I got the pleasure of meeting Caitlin, just by looks she would be good with Dan. I still have hope for him. Again back to the dorm. About 7 o' clock the 3 of us went to Steak N' Shake with Tom. I asked if anyone wanted to drive. He freaked out and asked me if I was serious. I gave him the keys, I mean its a minute and a half drive. He gets in and is looking around like he has never driven a car before in his life. The first thing he said was "Its been so long since I've driven a car." Thats a good sign. He doesn't know where the headlights are, how to work the locks, or how to put the steering wheel down. He hits the lights and pulls away. Minute and a half later, at a stoplight 20 feet away from SN'S he gets pulled over. I just laugh. Cop comes to the window and asks Tom for his liscence and registration. He got pulled over because the headlights weren't on. I look to see that he only turned on the accessory lights. Initial thought: This is the coolest 'tard known to man. Tom explains that its my car and its the first time he's ever driven it. I give him my liscence and he goes back to his squad car to do background checks. He laughed at the fact that his marijuana ticket might come up. It didn't he came back and told us to just make sure they're on and to have a good night. It was just one of those things. We sit down and Tom gets a call, something came up and he had to go back to the dorm. That was the last time I saw him. *tear* Dan wasn't kidding about the fact that the Steak N' Shake there is amazing. The waitress asked Scott and I what are names were so she could talk to us personally. Thats nice. She brought Dan 3 diet cokes right off the back. Brought Scott and myself an unlimited supply of sugar and cream for our coffee. Heaven I tell you. Around 9ish we get ready to head back to P-Diz for George's party. Say our goodbyes and hop in the car. *chug* *chug* *chug*. Turn the key again. *chugga* *chugga* *chugga*. Fuck me. Car won't start we try to get it started until Ian calls asking where we were. We explained the situation and waited it out. Went back inside and chilled for about 2 hours. Went out around 11-11:30ish. Tried again. No dice. At this point we just said fuck it and stayed. It was an eventful night either way. Dan was also correct in his statement that the women are face meltingly attractive. A lot of women in costume...a lot of them half naked. Happy Halloween indeed. Then of course you have the drunk Tigger and the wasted Quailman. I thought that was amazing in itself. I think that is the first time I have ever seen anyone actually capitalize on a Nicktoon thats not Spongebob or a Rugrat. It was entertaining to watch them meander the restaurant not able to control the volume of their voices. They each had a memorable quote.

"Hey man can you unzip me? I think I'm gonna piss myself."
-Drunk Tigger talking to his buddy.
"The name's Quailman mother fucker!!!"
-Wasted Quailman after a girl called him cute Superman.

Priceless. I forgot to mention that earlier in the eve I got the honor of finally meeting Gwendolyn. Scott has told me many stories and nothing but good things, I finally met her. He told no lies. She is indeed a sweet girl and has an awesome sense of humor. It was in this time frame that I managed to light a lighter with my feet. That was impressive, Dan claimed I could do better. Hes right, but I don't care. I'll have to go back down there with Scott and hang out with her more and get to know her better. Dan finally 'kicked us out' at around 4 in the morning. He needed to get some sleep and he didn't know if Tom had company or not. We were planning on crashing on the floor, but I guess Dan thought otherwise. Oh well. I'm still having his babies so its all good. We just crashed in the car and froze to death. I slept for about an hour or so. I waited 4 hours for Scott to wake up. He did so and we called it a day.

I'm not giving Sunday a cool coloned intro because it really isn't worthy enough for one. Sorry Sunday. Danny gave me $50 to get back home the day before. I love Leathers, crazy ass as he may be, hes a good man and we go way back. Another friend I've had for a decade and some change. I cherish those friends, they've stuck with me, and I with them. Thats what friendships all about nucka. I cross my fingers and pray to Moses that the car starts. It was sounding down syndromed, then it just fired up. My Olds is a trooper, I'm proud of her. It was a quiet trip back to Boilercountry. We were both retardedly shitfaced tired. I had 5 hours of sleep in the combined previous 3 days. He had 7. We get back and he talks to Ben and Ian. I have a feeling that we missed a good party, but we still made the best of it and had a hella time. Yea I said it, wanna fight, what it is? I fell asleep on his bed and he woke me up, gave me a CD for his madre, and kicked me out. Cock. I was going to leave anyway, I got the feeling that I may have pissed him off somehow...but how I don't know. Oh well, I'm over it. Hit the lonely road and got back about 7. Checked out some trappings online and hit the hay. Now here I am. Fresh clothes, left over cash, and I don't smell like shit anymore. Felt good to bathe, not gonna lie. Felt like I was being cleansed of something. That was one of the best showers of my life. I think I may head back down there this week to hang out with Ben, Ian, Ryan, George, Robbie and anyone else I never see while I'm down there. I think its a plan. Now I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Improvisation is the key to life. Plans are nice to make, but they end up being changed in some way, shape , or form. I'm spent for now, and haven't eaten anything yet. I leave you with the top 10 listened to albums in my month of October. I also have to get my troll costume and make up together. Dear mother of defeation I love Halloween. Till next time, peace, love, and a sweet induced cavity awaiting smile.

The Second Stage Turbine Blade - Coheed & Cambria

Elevator - Hot Hot Heat

Trouble - Ray LaMontagne

O - Damien Rice

Strange and Beautiful - Aqualung

The Meadowlands - The Wrens

Tyranny of Distance - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Commit This To Memory - Motion City Soundtrack

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Set Free- American Analog Set

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home