Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Another Weekend Away From Home

Yes thats right, I call this home. Granger, Indiana is my home. Its really good to be back here too, not gonna lie. Its really dumb of me to write all about my weekend and how I went to Purdue and what not. I mean think about it. Everyone who reads this, I can count them on one hand, already knows about everything I'm going to put on here. I don't care though, its for my own satisfaction and so I can look back on things in the future and reflect on how my life was going and what I was doing. Its worked as a pretty cool reflecting pool thus far. Once again, I've procrastinated for way too long and my memory is a little sketchy so stay with me. I'll get around to not procrastinating so much...later that is.

Thurs - Was driving aimlessly around in the Osceola area whilst talking to Scott. It was about 1/4 to 10 and I asked him, "If I left now do you think I'd make it down there in time for the radio show?" Sure enough not 10 minutes later I find myself on the toll road again south bound for West Lafayette. I really didn't mind, I love driving, especially at night. Halfway there I realized that Ian and Ben's radio show is on hiatus due to the retardation and blade raped carnage of one Puma hoodie. Oh well. I park at the Aquatic Center and walk the whole 50 feet to Wiley. I see Ian, Ben, Grant, Scott, and Tracker standing outside on a smoke break. I walk up with cigarette in mouth, I don't smoke mind you, and I don't say a word. Scott has a shit eating grin on his face and the other 4 just looked confused as hell. Ben opens up the conversations by saying, "Booch?!...what the hell?". It was hilarious. Ian and Ben both asked me why I was there, looking back on it...I have no idea. I had no reason to be there, none at all. Oh well, if anything its for the sure enjoyment of being with my comrades. So we all say our hellos and go back into Ians room. We just sat there until morning playing video games and watching TV. It was well worth it. Scott and myself decided to kick it back to McCutcheon. We came up with the ass splitting comical idea of writing a song about Dan...having sex. This leads us into Friday.

Fris - We sat in Scott's room trying to decide what the song should sound like. Just to forewarn, we spent pretty much all of Friday writing this song and sleeping. It wasn't too exciting, but it was. Thats makes total sense to me, should make sense to you too. Yea thats right I'm talking to you. About 3 hours into the process, its roughly 8 in the morning and we decide to take a break and go grab some breakfast. We both hit a major case of writers block and figured the only way to get around it was to be fat first. That and the fact that neither of us ate anything the day before. We went and ate, came back, wrapped up the song and played it multiple times to its completion. After laughing our asses clean off, we came to an agreement that in all of its geniousity: It is the greatest song ever written. (Far from the greatest song ever written, but just go with it) By the time we finished it, it was lunch time. Went and ate, came back to the room and crashed for a couple of hours to make up for the 0 hours of sleep the night before. I woke up around 4ish I want to say. Got up, made some phone calls, dicked around online for a while. I was up so early because I had to wake Scott up so he could go to class at 4. He didn't go to class. He's stubborn as hell when it comes to waking up, if you ever try...good fucking luck. So I had killed 3 and a half hours doing absolutely nothing. He was finally fully awake at 8 or so. We killed some more time by practicing the song and just shootin the shit. Around 11 Ben came and picked us up. He had his, what I'm presuming to be, new girlfriend with him. They could just be fuck buddies, I have no idea. Her name is Emily and she is a really cool down to Earth chick. We proceeded to Trackers house where, SURPRISE!!, Ian, Grant, and Tracker are already gone. Jäger and Captain Morgan'll do that to you if you have enough. Scott and myself are too big to get drunk off of what they had, we got majorly buzzed, but no where close to where they were. Ben and Emily really didn't have anything. Ben slept most of the time and Emily just doesn't handle it very well. Fair enough. They all went outside and had a smoke, I stayed inside and had a good half hour talk with Emily. Like I said, she is a really sweet and cool girl. Ben made a good choice. We put on Coast to Coast and slowly drifted to sleep. I fell asleep draped in an Eeyore blanket and using an Eeyore stuffed animal as my pillow. I love Eeyore, the greatest Winnie the Pooh character of all time...he's so emo.

Sats/Suns - I have no recollection of the day what so ever. All I remember is we randomly picked up Glen Bradford while he was walking to the football game. He had no idea where he was, or where he was going for that matter. It was awesome. I remember us playing "3 Seconds of Awkward Fumbling And Then Depression" for Tesh. He laughed and then left the room speechless. Hilarity to the 10th power. Thats the name of the song by the way. Thing is there is nothing depressing about the song at all. Just a funny title, nothing more. Now Saturday night is another story. I drove us over to Cheryl's apartment so we could celebrate Kristie's birthday. It was really good to see the Knevels. They are hands down the coolest parents I have ever been aquainted with. We just shot the shit for hours. ChelC showed up later in the eve, and shortly afterwards, Chuck did as well. It was damn good to see Chuck. I love that kid, he is sooooo cool. He brought over some poker chips and Cheryl, Kristie, Chuck, and myself played Texas Hold Em'. It was a good way to keep myself entertained while Scott and ChelC went for a walk to talk about things. They eventually came back and we played the song for everyone. I left during the poker game and PK took over my spot. We ate supper and played poker again. It was the most fun I have had in a long while. There wasn't a moment that I didn't have a smile on my face. I had to be back home at 1:40 in the A.M. though, for my Steak N' Shake outing with Tess and Jessica. So I give everyone a hug goodbye and make my way home. I get about an hour and 20 minutes away from W. Lafayette when I get a text message from Theresa saying that tonight isn't a good night to go out. I pull over in Merrillville and turn around and head back to Purdue. It was storming like a mother. A lighting bolt struck 50 feet away from my car, the rain was like a freakin monsoon had hit the highway. It was nucking futs. I make it back to Wiley with nothing but fumes in my tank. I head in and everyone goes out for a smoke break. I was left in the room with Scott and a sleeping ChelC. Ben left shortly thereafter. We watched Platoon, damn good movie, and then played more video games. I fell asleep and was woken up at around 6ish so I could give ChelC directions to get home. We all fell asleep after she left and woke up at 4 in the afternoon. Spent 4 more hours doing nothing. I GOT TO SEE RYAN!!! ZOMG!!! I miss that kid like no ones business. It was really damn good to see him. We hung out and watched The Matrix. Ian and Tracker snugglin on the couch, Scott next to them, Grant layed out on the floor, and D-thing and myself lounged in chairs. Just simple plain ol' good times. *sigh*. Ben and Emily showed up as I was making my leave for home. Shame I couldn't stay, but I don't live there. I am nothing but a visitor overstaying his welcome. Had a lovely reflective drive home and now here I am once again.

Nothing too exciting went down yesterday. Ran for a bit, went to Penn and lifted some weights, came home, rented some games with my brohan, went and helpedTheresa clean up her kitchen, came home and chillaxed it. I'm starting to run, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the way I look now...but getting down to 200 lbs by summertime would be nice. Thats one of me goals for right now. By the way, for any video game buffs out there, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, is fun as hell. 3 thumbs up. Whats funner that fragging your friends in multiplayer mode as a rocket launcher wielding monkey? C'mon...nothing. Theresa is having a Christmas Party in a month or so. I'm highly looking forward to that, I know it'll be a snaptastically bodacious time. I start work at Circuit City tonight, that should be pretty killer, I think I will thoroughly enjoy this job. It looks like I'm finally starting to get a life, about time right? Meh...girlfriend would always be nice, but what can you do? Aiight thats all for now my peeps.

One last thing, check out the band Waxwing. Fronted by the amazing Rocky Votolato, this folk/rock band is easily one of the most emotional and driving bands I've ever heard. Rocky's tradmark raspy voice gives these guys so much power. Lyrically, the songs don't vary much from the folky storytelling of Votolato's solo work, but that's definitely not a negative. Songs like "One for the Ride" are incredibly emotional and soaring, kind of like a wonderful mix of Rocky Votolato's solo work with a harder, more grating U2. This is a wonderful, wonderful band. Thats all. No peace or love today...just a toothy smile. Fine...here, peace and love.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kashi submissions imperatives sparkle schering weakest tail viewable lisa alternative trackback
lolikneri havaqatsu

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger georgi said...

Just came across site and scrolled down to glance (will read it all soon)...what a unique gremlin like creature...did u make it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home