Saturday, May 07, 2005

PBA Day In May: Thrice + Friday

This is the thrilling conclusion to my one thought that I was going to write all on the PBA Day, but I didn't. Its not all really that thrilling, but what the hell. As I was saying, I just like spending time with Theresa. Like I said, shes always so busy with homework and stuff. However, yesterday I did get to go to her house and meet the family.

Theresa told me to brace myself for questions from the kids, but it really wasn't that bad. The first person I met was her mom. Mrs. Akre is a really cool person. She seemed as if she was tired/stressed out a little. I can't blame her though. I mean 7 kids. 5 of which are under the age of 10. I would be too. The next person I met was John. He looked surprised to see me. Theresa introduced us and he totally forgot that I was coming over. Oh well, it happens. Then I met the twins, Austin and Michael. They were the only ones that really asked me questions. Austin asked me what my favorite animal was. Before I could answer he told me about his fascination with turtles. Somehow that merged into whether ir not I like Star Wars. Then he made a totally random comment that I remind him of Pedro from Napolean Dynamite, because of the moustache. Then he started looking for his lego Bionicle book. I offered to help him out. When he was asking me about Star Wars, Michael overheard and asked me if I liked legos. I said yes and explained how much I love both. This led into do I like video games...of course. That is a no brainer. As it turns out they were building up to tell me that they have lego Star Wars video game. Go figure. They were really excited about showing it to me. The twins are very interesting. I like both of them, they're awesome. 3 down 3 to go. The next one I met was little Elaina. She is the cutest little kid I have ever seen, shes so funny. At first, she was really shy and she wouldn't come near me at all. At one point, Theresa went to go do something and Elaina tried to run outside. I called her name and reached my hand out. She kinda looked at me for a minute and then ran over and held my hand. It was cute. Alright, I'm set. I got the baby to like me, thats all that matters. I met Julia while we were eating dinner. We were getting ready to eat pizza and Julia yelled at me, "I don't want to sit by you!, who are you?". I thought it was funny. She settled down after she finally figured out who I was. The last kid I talked to was Gabe. I didn't get to see him until later at night. Theresa was makin the family some milkshakes and Gabe asked me if I knew who he was. I said of course and told him who he was. Made me feel all knowing for a minute. Not even that, more like 5 seconds. Backtracking, Theresa and I were in the basement for a while until her dad came home. I was looking forward to meeting her dad. She told me that her parents try to be funny sometimes and they really aren't. I think they're both funny. Mr. Akre is really cool. It was around this time that I went outside to go play baseball with the Twins, John, and their dad. As I was doing this, Theresa was playing with Elaina and Julia. It was fun. Elaina kept wanting to show us how she could climb up the swingset and go down the slide. She kept running back and forth between me and Mr. Akre. She is a really funny kid. It started getting dark, so we went inside to play Apples to Apples. I have never heard of this game before in my life, but it was really fun. The kids were really loud though, I really didn't mind. It was obvious that it was driving Theresa and her mom insane though. After that, we laid on the couch and watched National Treasure. The whole night was well worth it. Her family is awesome. I think I made a good impression and that they liked me. If not, they are very good at acting like they like people. Anyway, I was there from about 4 to 1:45 in the morning. I'm not complaining though. Almost ten hours of hanging out with her is well worth it. Fun times.

I don't think I can top that now, I look back on it and I just said a lot of crap. I mean I basically described everything I did at Theresa's. I can talk about uhh...George!! There we go theres a topic I can go on. Ian left yesterday to go and bring G. Arthur home from Purdue. I kind have wished I could've gone with him. Its gonna be cool when he comes back. We always have a good time, between just hanging out and stogie nights. Its kind of a bummer that hes goin down to Texas over the summer to go work. Oh well, thats good for him though. He's got something to keep him busy and hes gonna get paid nicely. He's done good for himself.

Star Wars comes out in 11 days. I still need to buy Tusi's ticket from him so I can go to the midnight show with Ryan. I think I may seriously crap my pants when I go see this movie. I'm gonna at least hyperventilate or squeal. Maybe both. I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I heard that they were making Episode 1. Call me a geek if you will, but this is just something that can't be passed up.

I'm getting my senior exit presentation all ready to go. I have to present on Monday. I really just want to go in there, read the damn thing and just get it over with. I want to get out of school so bad. I'm sick of it. I want to end up like D-Day from Animal House. I just want to go, get it over with and when all is said and done no one will ever hear from me again. They won't know where to find me. Naw...I don't think that would float over too well with some people. Besides, how am I suppose to tour the Dust Bowl with Dan if he doesn't know where to find me? Alright thats enough babble for now. I'm bringing this 3 part mess to a close. There is no reason why I couldn't have fit this all into one entry, besides the fact that I'm lazy. 'Till the next time we meet.

4 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger chelC said...

I enjo the new pic on your prof. Definately the BrandonI know and love as opposed to that imposter in the suit. (shiver) Well you really have to come up with names for these entries that are radically different. I kept seeing the words PBA day and automatically skipping away. Took me a week to figure, hey they are different!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Booch said...

If you paid any attention at all ChelC...you would notice that the past 3 entries have all been one giant thought process that I had to spread out due to time consumption and all. I forgive you for not noticing though. Thats why I made all the titles the same, one thought. Isn't that magical?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Booch said...

In that picture I used to have, I was only wearing a suit jacket. In the new one, I still am wearing one. Only now I have a cigar and a bass. Funny how that makes all the difference.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger chelC said...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious captain obvious. P.S. Where have you been the past Three Days, I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you at all. So much has happend and you don't even know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home