Sunday, May 22, 2005

He Will Bring Balance To The Force

I have some things I could talk about right now. I really wasn't in the mood to post right now, but I felt that it was needed. All I can write about write now is skipping school, Star Wars, babysitting and hangin out with Theresa.

Monday was Senior Skip Day. I was supposed to be at Valley Restaurant at 9 to meet Dan there. I woke up at 9:10 and got there 1/4 till 10. So, I was a little late, then again am I ever on time for anything? No. I meet Dan and Ryan inside and we start eating and talking. About 15 minutes later Ian came in and had a seat. We all had our respective meals and we decided to Cannonball Run (race) to Best Buy. I got a head start. We raced on University Drive, I still had the lead and I could see Ryan passing Ian in my rear view mirror. I was thinking to myself...crap, that ass is going to pass me in the last 100 feet if the race. Fortunately, for me, there was a car in the other lane and he didn't have enough room to pass me on the outside. Who would have thought that a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera could beat...anything. Then again you have to take in the fact that I was going 80 mph in a 35 mph zone, so I have a little trouble with speeding. Anyway, we chill at Best Buy for a while until we decide to leave. El Dan headed off to Barnes & Noble while D Thing, Nacho, and myself headed to Gamestop. Being the video game fans that we are, we just wanted to go check out the selection that they had. I played the new Star Wars game a little bit just to prep me up for the movie. I could have stayed there and played it all day. Star Wars is like crack to me. Ian bought a game and we rolled out. We rendezvoused ( who in the hell's idea was it to spell rendezvoused so freakin weird?) with Dan and explored the wide worl of books. Right as I walk in, a giant display of Star Wars shite. I have a problem I know, but give me a break. I mean this is the last Star Wars movie...ever...no more. I had to be pumped for the last one. I looked that stuff over and read some magazines. Around this time, Ian had to go meet his mom for lunch so he went on his way. He mentioned food, and Dan and Ryan wanted to grab something to eat. I, personally, was still full from breakfast, I don't eat a lot. We headed over to Coney Express. I remember when that place used to be a little barbershop. I brought up that idea to Dan. What if I opened a barbershop that sold hot dogs? I thought it was genious until I came to the realization that some idiot would slap me in the face with a lawsuit when they got hair on their weenie...We drove to Goodwill after that. Now, Goodwill was only about 100 feet at most from where we were. We very well could have walked, but being the lazy asses that we are we drove. I was hoping that they would have some nice suit jackets in there, to my dismay none were to be found. We finished off the day by going to Dan's house and playing Monopoly. I also owned Ryan in Battleship. It was a pretty good day overall.

Wednesday night at midnight I was supposed to go with Ryan to go see the midnight viewing of Revenge of the Sith. I was so pumped, but he was skeptical on whether or not he would be able to go. He had to work late the next couple of nights and he just didn't want to be dead tired. He decided not to go. There was no way in hell I was going to let this stop me. Star Wars is way too important to be missed out on. If I was dying of the plague I would've still went to see it. The only problem was that now I have two tickets to the movie and I am only one person. I was trying to decide on who I should give the ticket too. One person I did not expect to claim the ticket at all, claimed it. Around 10:30, I went to pick up Theresa. She kept telling me how much she didn't want to go see it because it was going to be too sad. She hasn't even seen Attack of the Clones yet. We actually have a bet that she won't watch Episode II by the end of the month. If she doesn't, I have to give her $5. I can honestly say that Revenge of the Sith kicked major ass. I was kind of expecting more out of it though, especially after reading the book. It was insane none the less. I have to say that I like Darth Vader better before he got his ass handed to him by Obi-Wan. I think Vader looked badass with just scars on his face and the evil looking, yellow sith eyes. He was also a lot more agile than he is now. There are also some things that bothered me. 1: NO ONE KILLED JAR JAR BINKS!! I hate that son of a bitch. He's so freakin stupid and annoying. I just wanted some jedi to cut off his head. No one did, oh well, he literally said 2 words in this movie so I'm not too disappointed. Plus the thought in the back of my mind that he'll eventually die is cool. 2: The end of the movie seemed to happen way too fast. After the epic battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin, George Lucas just like fast forwarded everything. It ended in like 5 minutes worth of at least a half hour of stuff. There could've been more. 3: The last thing that bugs me is everyone was hyping up the wookie battle on Kashyyyk. Yes, that is spelled with three Y's. I was under the impression that it was going to be a vital battle as the one on Endor was with the ewoks in Return of the Jedi. No, the only thing you saw were battle droids storming the beach and some wookies screaming. Thats about it. I was very let down. Like I said though, it was amazing anyway. I am going to go see it a couple more times. Was supposed to go yesterday with Ryan, Dan, and Chelsea was going to come too. But I didn't talk to any of them yesterday. Theresa still hasn't seen Episode II.

I always hated how the muppets on Sesame Street would rag on Oscar the Grouch for being so angry all the time. Give the guy a break. You would be pissed off too if you had to live in a trash can. Then again I wonder if he is homeless or if he just lives in a trash can for the hell of it. If thats the case then he has no reason to be so grouchy. I just want to send a message to all muppets on Sesame Street, leave Oscar alone. He lives in garbage.

I went to Theresa's house after school and Friday to help her babysit the chillins. I knew the moment that I went over there that the only one Theresa would have to worry about was Elaina. I predicted correctly, the other 5 kids were around me the whole time wanting me to do all sorts of things. I have to laugh, everytime she invites me over to her house I always get stolen away by the kids. She can never get me to herself. Its funny in a sad sort of way. Anyway, Austin and Michael had me check out their new Star Wars legos that they got. Its just a phase everyones going through right now, give it a week or two and this whole Star Wars hype will die down. One way or another that led to me getting into multiple lightsaber battles that night. Now you may think it unfair for an 18 year old to be fighting some 10 year olds...and it is. It made me want to go home and dig mine out of the attic. Ah good times. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Its the same thing everytime I go over there. I play with Austin and Michael for a while and then I go outside and push Julia and Gabe on the swing. John wasn't home, he was with his parents. I let Theresa worry about Elaina. I couldn't let her get off without watchin someone. I could've, but oh well. So some of you might think this next part is pathetic and some of you might think its cute. Julia wanted me to be her horsie...yea thats right, I got down on my hands and knees and I was a horse. It actually wasn't that bad. I've done worse, plus I can't deprive a little kid of her happiness. That and the fact that I can't say no to anything. We finished the night off by watching The Incredibles. We were hoping that the kids would fall asleep so we could have a little time alone, didn't happen. It happened eventually, but we fell asleep too. Theresa fell asleep on my lap and I eventually fell asleep on her. That was nice too. Her parents are really cool when it comes to me being at their house late. I mean the first time I was over there I stayed until 1:45 and Friday I stayed until 1. One of these times I'm waiting for them to come home and be like Brandon, go home. It was a fun time and well worth it. I stopped by her house last night too just to say hey. Christina was over there yesterday helping her babysit. We went upstairs so Theresa could show me this awesome phone desk thing she got at a garage sale. It was pretty sweet. While we were up there we figured hmmmm we were alone. I see her all the time, its just we are rarely by ourselves. So that was nice. This coming Thursday we've been going out for a month. I figured I would do something for her, make dinner or something along those lines. Just something nice.

Not a whole lot going on today. I think I may just stay home and have a day of R & R.I made a CD with only songs from 1997 I have to say I like it and it makes me miss the good old days of being oblivious of life and love. I am getting used to these days though. Thats all I have for now. May the force be with you...sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home