Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Almost There

I would write about things that have happened to me in the past week, but I don’t seem to recall anything that happened. It may be an early sign of Alzheimer’s or I may just be having amnesia of some sort, either that or its just not important enough to remember. I remember going over to Theresa’s house on Monday and helping them clean their house a little bit. I’m not sure how much of a help I was though. I did manage to get John and Gabe’s floor near spotless. I also managed to throw away their old grill and an old table they had. Those were somewhat heavy. I guess I helped in my own special way. Her parents went to go see Star Wars that night too, that meant that I got to stay and help Theresa baby-sit. She ordered some pizza and we watched The Labyrinth. I highly recommend this movie for anyone who has never seen it or heard of it. Jennifer Connelly and the sexually confused David Bowie play the lead characters in the movie. The movie is from 1986 and Jim Henson directs it. A lot of you probably recognize the name, yes; he is the infamous mastermind of the Muppets. To answer another question, there is indeed a plethora of unique and creative puppetized characters in this film. I would check it out if you ever get bored. We watched that and the kids did their things, while I cleaned the kitchen. I didn’t have to, but Theresa was doing something and I figured I’m just standing around so why not do her a favor. Just a day hanging out with her and watching the kids, it was fun.

Speaking of Theresa, I never got her to watch Attack of the Clones. It is now June 1 and the deal was to have her watch it before today. I failed, miserably. I didn’t even try to make her watch it, and now I owe her $5…damn.

There are only 2 days of school left and I am freaking out. I want to get out of this hellhole known as Penn High School and never come back. Then I think and realize that even after it’s done I have to come back for a couple of reasons. 1: I guess Jessica(?) got tickets to go to the dance thing on Friday and I figured I would go since Theresa is going. 2: I have to come back next year to pick up my yearbook. How much 5hit is that? They should mail them to you or something…FedEx bitches. Class wise though, I am done with it. I have been fed up for so long and just plain tired of dong mindless work that won’t get me anywhere in life. Some of it will, but I mean a lot of it was just busy work. I’m not exactly sure when the realization that its over is going to set in though. It hasn’t hit me yet. I don’t know if it’ll be the moment I walk out of the building, graduation ceremony, or that following Monday when I don’t wake up to go see anyone or do anything. It is a giant relief though. These were some good times in life, but I have a feeling the best are yet to come. High school, love it or hate it, only good can come out of it. There are going to be parties galore. OWWW OWWW!!!

The job aspects are looking hazy once again. I have that job at Express Press delivering packages in a giant white van, but another prospect has come along that pays more money. The Dill’s aren’t going to like this, but I am sure that I can get a job through my mom at Walmart. That’s right, Walmart. They have an opening in the electronics department and it pays $8.50 an hour that’s not bad at all. Hell or not, money is good. It will give me something to do while I’m here. I really don’t think it would be that bad either, I could have fun. I’ll just stand around and play with stuff all day, and discounts.

I’ll leave you with a little thought that I have wondered about Star Wars. At the very beginning of each movie when they have the yellow text floating in space explaining the plot, is that there? Think about it, what if there was just random yellow text floating in space somewhere and we don’t even know about it? That 5hit could come and kill us someday. There will be annals in the history of Earth. When a child would ask his grandfather how Africa became extinct, he could explain the horrific incident of the text that entered our atmosphere and destroyed our giraffes. A shame to think that we could collide with a giant “THE” and be killed. That’s all for now, ruminate on that for a while.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger chelC said...

pointless... antoher good post indeed. Bored as hell. And I'm talking to you right now too. Say something? That you are just that multitaskable. (totally a word.)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Booch said...

Dear fellows I have decided that Walmart is indeed the gateway to hell and that I refuse to be associated with anything so vile. George and Dan I agree with you both, Granger is a damned place of spoiled ass rich kids and soccer moms in the suburbs. I remember when Granger was all nice farm land...but they paved paradise and put up a side door deli.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home