Monday, June 06, 2005

Here's To Goodbye, Tomorrow's Gonna Come Too Soon

Today was the day that I have officially ended my high school career, no more. As happy as I am to get out of here and as much as everyone else is too, I can't lie to myself...I will miss it. There were some good memories that happened in high school. It was the first time for everything, 1st time to fall in love, 1st time to be heart broken, 1st time skinny dipping/streaking, 1st time drunk off my ass, 1st time smoking a cigar, too many things to mention for one tiny blog. The realization has finally kicked in that I will, in fact, never see most of these people ever again. Don't get me wrong I'm not sad, I'm just absorbing this thing known as life. Some select few people that I saw everyday I will miss, Shoup, ChelC, Whitney, the guys, Lauren, Wood & Woody. Just to name a few. I am looking forward to starting my life though, high school was a mere stepping stone. I will always look back and laugh at the people who always worried about being the cool guy and trying to be popular. NEWS FLASH: that shit don't matter in the real world bitches. Having friends who where on the football team and having a tan aren't going to get you a 6 figure job. To those people, I'm sorry you are so ignorant and refused to grow up. Have fun in your cardboard box. Myself, I'm not too caught up in the future right now. I just want to take everyday as it comes to me so I can just live. Thats what its about is living. Now coming from me, this may sound out of place and old. I thought so too, but it is all the bare naked truth. I just want to say to all that are going, it was a hell of a ride and this was just the first dip of the roller coaster. I always loved roller coasters.

You know, I was giving it some thought. You know how you're not suppose to rip that little tag off of mattresses? What if you ripped the mattress off of the tag? Is that kosher? I'm not jewish so I don't know.

Theresa's going to be going out of town on Friday. Her and the family are going up to Lake Michigan for the week for vacation. w()()T for her. I don't know what I'm going to do for a week, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I want to be with her before she leaves on Friday though, I am hoping that I get to be alone with her. I like it that way, when its just the two of us.

Squeeze in Friday night hurr real quick like. That was the last day of actual high school learning that I attended. Nothing too special. Later that night there was a dance performance in the CPA. I'm not one for dance shows, but Jessica bought us tickets and I didn't want to disappoint. The show was actually fairly good. There was one particular dance right before intermission. It was a dance that had 3 black kids in it. Enough said. They were freaking amazing. The reason why they were only in that one dance is because if they were in any of the other dance, they fo sho would've put the white kids to shame. It was grade A stuff. After that Theresa, myself, Whitney, Steve, Jessica, and Matt went to TGI Fridays. I never knew how ungodly expensive that place is. I actually had to borrow $2 from Theresa, that made me feel like a cheap ass. Its not that I'm cheap, its just I had no money. Besides I figured I paid for the 4 of us the last 2 times we went to Hacienda, so we're even. We ate there and had a waitress named Shakey. I guess she is the color guard coach at Penn, or something with the color guard. Anyway, she was really hyper (Shakey) hence the name I guess.We parted ways and headed out.

Yesterday I made a cameo appearance at some partays. I stopped by Wieczorek's, Bender's, and then finally Ryan's party. It was a busy day. As of now I have a party to go to every Saturday and Sunday until the 24th of next month. I'm booked solid. After Ryan's party we went to Best Buy and then to Blockbuster. There I hear someone saying my name as I pull into the parking lot. I thought I was hearing things at first, low and behold its the wise and all knowing beauty herself...ChelC. It was a delightful, unrehersed, rendezvous with ChelC. I wanted to go and fill out a job application. They have a computer hiring thing a majig (its a phone) I swear to god it had to have asked me at least 200 quesions if not more. I'd say 40 of them were the same damn question. Its ridiculous what you have to do to get a job these days. Finished that and mozied on home.

Right now I am listening to Hot Hot Heat's latest album 'Elevator'. I'm not going to say that this album was revolutionary or mind opening, but it is definitely a good album. People that expect every song on every album they buy to be a "catchy" song that perk their ears up the first time they hear them obviously don't have much experience at listening to music. They just like the music they have because everybody else does. (how else do you explain the popularity of boy bands, rap, and all the other no talent acts from the big music business machine?) I'm tired of reading about how all these new bands(Interpol,Killers, etc) are just copying an old style from the 80's and are just a fad. I say it's about time that these bands came around! I've been stuck listening to all my albums that I still have from that era for a while. You have all these fans of albums/groups from that era like The Cure/Boys Don't Cry, New Order/Substance, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Duran Duran(thats right) who wait for new albums from their favorite bands and what do they say about these new albums? "Not as good as their old stuff" or "They've lost their sound". But now that a generation of bands is attempting to continue that era 20 years later we have all these over critical haters who think their 22yr old opinion matters. "Elevator" is not "Make Up The Breakdown". Its Better. MUTBD was almost all catchy songs easy to like the first time you heard them. Thats why I loved it and thats why I'm sick of it. "Elevator" took a few listens to start appreciating what Hot Hot Heat are up to now. There are a lot of great songs on this album. If you get this album because you like "Goodnight Goodnight" I guarantee after about 10-15 listens all the way through, it will grow on you. You won't be able to pick a favorite song because everyday you will have a different one stuck in your head. If you liked MUTBD but are sick of it, You will love this album if you give it a chance.


Thats all for now my fellow graduates and friends. I will see you in life, they've opened all the doors and let us out into the world.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Booch said...

Dan, I have some Cure and Bauhaus. How do you think I developed the base for comparison? Think of the music as being a rebirth of sorts. Nacho I was planning on reselling the mattress, thats why I had to find a loophole.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Booch said...

Sorry to hear about the mattress, although I think it was Hindu writing. I don't know what the difference is but its just a hunch. If I can scrounge up some money I'll rally the troops and we'll make a trip out of it. Hot Hot Houston sounds interesting, plus I need to confirm that everything really is as big as they say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home